Vanilla Blueberry Muffins


Blueberry muffins are my favorite kind of muffins! I had been craving them for weeks but unfortunately I didn't have time to make my own and my small town doesn't have any vegan bakery options. So my sad little blueberryless self goes home and what do I find? BLUEBERRY MUFFINS! But alas it was not meant to be. My roommate unawares of my blueberry troubles had made the muffins with eggs. So there was but one thing left to do. I put the homework and LSAT studies aside and whipped up these babies! I think these muffins are perfect because the vanilla is not too sweet and it doesn't overpower the blueberries. These darlings are great with a warm glass of spice tea or almond milk. And they taste even better when shared with your loved ones.



Adapted from the Bakerita



Yields 6 large muffins or 12 small muffins
Ingredients
2 mashed bananas (or about 1 cup)
1/2 cup raw cane sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 vegetable oil
1/3 cup vanilla almond milk (I use the Almond Breeze's 30 calorie variety)
1 1/2 cup of unbleached all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup of fresh blueberries (or one 6 oz pack)

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease a large muffin pan
2. Whisk all of the wet ingredients together throughly.
3. In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients and then stir them into the wet.
4. Once the batter is fully combined gently fold in the fresh blueberries. Do not over stir.
5. Pour batter into muffin cups until they are about 3/4 of the way full.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until you can poke a toothpick into the muffin and it comes out clean.

Serve with your favorite vegan cream cheese or butter alternative.


Comments

  1. is coconut oil ok to use in place of vegetable oil?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. What can be used in place of the bananas? I do not like them

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts